Blech. I hate that, too. When people who hated me in HS friend me, I sort of want to respond and be like "um, why are you doing this?" but I figure whatever. They want to see my IM name and email address, I don't care.
Sometimes people mature a bit after high school. I saw it once. Well, no one at my ten-year high school reunion called me Tweety Bird, anyway. Or bird twin. Or asked me where my bird twin was. Nothing like that at all.
Of course, sometimes people just get more subtle at being hateful.
(Although my bullies called me Fruit Bowl for a year, because my hair was dyed a series of strange colors, and I gather they thought my haircut looked like a bowl cut.)
My best friend and I were both Tweety Bird, and we were "connected at the hip," so that makes us bird twins. She didn't make it to the ten-year reunion, so that's why someone might ask where my bird twin was.
no subject
Date: 2008-05-21 09:51 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-05-21 12:24 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-05-21 01:07 pm (UTC)yeah, I'm seriously on the fence about whether I should join facebook. Yet another social networking thing to be a time-suck, and with my real name.
no subject
Date: 2008-05-21 01:11 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-05-21 01:16 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-05-21 01:17 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-05-21 06:49 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-05-21 11:21 pm (UTC)Of course, sometimes people just get more subtle at being hateful.
no subject
Date: 2008-05-22 12:01 am (UTC)(Although my bullies called me Fruit Bowl for a year, because my hair was dyed a series of strange colors, and I gather they thought my haircut looked like a bowl cut.)
no subject
Date: 2008-05-22 02:21 am (UTC)My best friend and I were both Tweety Bird, and we were "connected at the hip," so that makes us bird twins. She didn't make it to the ten-year reunion, so that's why someone might ask where my bird twin was.
no subject
Date: 2008-05-22 03:14 am (UTC)