Now, how to talk to my mom about it... she became estranged from her sisters decades ago. She is brokenhearted at the thought of my brother and I not having a relationship. I cannot talk to her about this, it tears her apart. She knows how he is, but she can't accept that I can't keep dealing with this crap. Not just can't, I won't. I am done with this.
|My LiveJournal Trick-or-Treat Haul|
|sarcasticah goes trick-or-treating, dressed up as Zombie ninja pirate.|
|amelia_eve tricks you! You get a dead frog.|
|bingo_mcdingo gives you 1 teal lemon-flavoured gummy bats.|
|casey98 gives you 8 red cherry-flavoured pieces of taffy.|
|crickwooder gives you 4 mauve cola-flavoured gumdrops.|
|derspatchel tricks you! You lose 8 pieces of candy!|
|joannemerriam gives you 2 dark blue peach-flavoured wafers.|
|llcoolvad gives you 19 mauve mint-flavoured pieces of chewing gum.|
|p_j_cleary tricks you! You get a toothbrush.|
|rawrin gives you 9 dark green blueberry-flavoured pieces of bubblegum.|
|saraastruc gives you 1 brown pineapple-flavoured pieces of taffy.|
|sarcasticah ends up with 36 pieces of candy, a dead frog, and a toothbrush.|
|Another fun meme brought to you by rfreebern.|
We're hoping to raise at least $2,000 -- the more, the better. You can donate to our team here: https://www.als-ma.org/V033U42AYZ/
I love this picture so much -- especially because I took it from way, way across the llama pen, with the sun glaring off the viewscreen of the camera, so I really had no idea what I was going to get. The picture I got cracks me up every time I look at it.
1. Pick 15 movies you know/like/love.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
2. My mum always said: "It's a dog-eat-dog world, son. You get them before they get you. Eat your greens. Stop embarrassing me in front of the neighbors. Maybe it would best if you leave home and never come back!"
7, Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much *life*. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully.
1) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
2) What was your dream growing up?
3) What talent do you wish you had?
4) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
5) Favourite vegetable?
6) What was the last book you read?
7) What zodiac sign are you?
8) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.
9) Worst Habit?
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
11) What is your favourite sport?
12) Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude?
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
16) Do you have any pets?
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
18) What was your first impression of me? (hmmm...careful!)
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
22) What color eyes do you have?
23) Ever been arrested?
24) Bottle or can soda?
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
27) What's your favourite place to hang at?
28) Do you believe in ghosts?
29) Favourite thing to do in your spare time?
30) Do you swear a lot?
31) Biggest pet peeve?
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
34) If you could live anywhere in the world where would you chose?
35) Do you believe in God?
36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?
Pigs! I love our guinea pigs! They're cute, and funny to watch, and very snuggly.
Left to right -- Sam, Cesar, and Wilbur.
Rufus, helping Jeff record a podcast. Speaking of...
Podcasts. They make the commute back and forth to work bearable. My favorites are (no links because LJ is just not posting the links, damn it -- Google 'em, you'll find them) Cast On (knitting), This American Life (stories), Radiolab (science stuff, but not boring!), and of course, the fabulous Carter Gilson Report, which is recorded by my lovely husband. With assistance from the pigs.
Damn, thinking of things that start with P is hard.
Um... purling! Heh. And knitting! I pretty much always have some knitting with me -- a sock-in-progress in my bag, at least.
Pandas! Come on, who doesn't love pandas?
The Pixies. Love, love, love the Pixies. I finally got to see them live last year, and it made me very, very happy.
Okay, this is hurting my brain. I'm stopping at six. Unless I think of more later.
I spent the entire day on the couch reading -- first rereading most of The Half-Blood Prince, to refresh my memory -- and then the Deathly Hallows. Started book 7 a little after 7 o'clock this evening, and fiunished it about 15 minutes ago. And it was very, very good.
And now, I go to do a little dance and sing "I know how it ends!" at Jeff, who has just started reading. Wheeeeeee!